New Position Available - Shelter Director
The Tri-Lakes Humane Society (TLHS) is looking to fill a new position of Shelter Director. We are looking for an energetic, dynamic individual to help us achieve our vision to the fullest extent possible. Our vision is informed by our commitment to the animals we serve with 5 Freedoms central to today's standards for shelter medicine practices. These include: Freedom from hunger and thirst; Freedom from discomfort; Freedom from pain, injury or disease; Freedom from fear and distress.
In particular, the Shelter Director will work with the TLHS staff and Board of Directors to help move the organization forward, embracing and adopting current best practices in the field of shelter veterinary medicine and care. This person will work closely with the Shelter Manager and report to the Board of Directors.
Skills required: Customer Service; Ensure maintenance of the building, property and systems; Human Resources; Grant Writing and Research; Volunteer Recruitment and Coordination; Database, Website and Social Media Management.
- Bachelor's degree and/or 5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Expertise in modeling and facilitating productive communication
- High degree of skill engaging and relating to the public
- Ability to work in and emotionally taxing field - a positive attitude and sense of humor are essential
- Strong organizational skills a must
- Strong writing skills
- Ability work with Microsoft and Excel
- Some facility with social media platforms
If interested, please send resume to:
Peter Wood/Lea Bedore
Tri-Lakes Humane Society
P.O. Box 1111
255 George LaPan Memorial Highway
Saranac Lake, NY 12983
May email resume to: email@example.com
Any questions, please call Lea (518) 524-3693
Application deadline: March 1, 2019
Sign up for Our Newsletter
Sign up for updates and promotions!